The newly opened Liliha Bakery in Waikiki is a must-visit not only for their yummy pastries but their other food selection as well!
We crave some sweets once in a while and like you, I also love eating them (though I have to consider my diet, how to say “no” to desserts? haha!) Well, desserts are also known to lessen our stress, because it makes us happy (I don’t know if it’s just me! lol) As long as we eat the right amount depending on our health condition, then there won’t be any problem.
For this reason, whenever I travel, I always look for a place to eat some sweets that will satisfy my cravings. Of course, I was in Hawaii so it’s unsurprising that there are a lot of options. I was in Waikiki for a while when I found out about the newly-opened Liliha Bakery.
About Liliha Bakery Waikiki
Liliha Bakery opened in 1950. They make cakes and pastries from scratch using local ingredients. The baking method that is unique to them has been in practice for decades maintaining the same original deliciousness of the food!
It started its expansion in 2014 opening the second branch on Nimitz Highway, and it’s the third and fourth located in the Ala Moana Shopping Center Macy’s (March 2019) and their newest, the International Market Place in Waikiki (November 2021).
Aside from signature cakes and bread, Liliha Bakery also offer customized cakes for different occasion at the original location in Kuakini. In their menu, you will find 150 baked goods that will surely satisfy all your sweet cravings!
What to Order?
As I mentioned above, there are literally 150 baked products available on their menu so choosing the best one to eat is a hard decision.
I visited their Waikiki location, and these are the food that you can try.
Waffard, a waffle, custard, blueberries, strawberries, mixed nuts & whipped cream all combined to create a mouthful of deliciousness. You can also add eggs, sausage, spam, ham, etc., as an add-on with an additional charge.
For their breakfast selection, try their Country Style Omelet, which consists of 2 eggs scrambled with green & round onions, tomatoes, spinach, & choice of: bacon, ham, Vienna sausage, pork sausage, Portuguese sausage, or Spam. Aside from that, another one you shouldn’t miss is the Smoke Pork Belly & Eggs, it has strips of pork belly smoked in-house with 2 eggs! The smell is very alluring. Yum!
If you want more than just breakfast food, you can try their Carved Prime Rib served with their famous butter roll, rice, corn, and your choice of mixed greens or potato-mac salad. Their salad selection is also a perfect dish to balance your meal; Arugula Salad with grilled salmon, Spinach Salad with grilled shrimp, Cobb Salad with grilled chicken.
Of course, A dine-in at Liliha Bakery is not complete without trying their pastries. A lot of choices to choose from! Puffs, Donuts, Danishes, Squares & Rounds, Rolls, and more! From the Coco Puff to Strawberry Shortcake, your cravings for sweets will be satisfied here.
Note: This price list is from their main website.
Liliha Bakery Best Sellers
- Ultimate Berries & Nuts – $16.95
- Waffard – $16.95
- Country Style Omelet – $16.50
- Smoked Pork Belly & Eggs – $18.95
- Kim Chee Fried Rice – $18.95
- Loco Moco with Fried Rice – $19.50
- Carved Prime Rib – 10 oz. ($29.65), 16 oz. ($38.95)
- Carved Prime Rib & Lobster Tail – $49.95
- New York Steak and Shrimp – $39.95
- Mushroom Chicken – $19.50
Lunch & Dinner
- Hamburger Steak (Ground Chuck) – $18.95
- Chicken Karaage – $18.95
- Arugula Salad with grilled salmon – $21.95
- Spinach Salad with grilled shrimp – $21.95
- Cobb Salad with grilled chicken – $21.95
- Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger with Mushrooms – $19.95
Liliha Bakery Pastries
- Coco Puff – $2.19
- Cream Puff – $2.19
- Green Tea Puff – $2.29
- Apple Danish – $2.89
- Blueberry Danish – $2.89
- Cinnamon Almond Danish – $2.89
- Ham & Cheese Roll – $3.49
- Ham, Onion, Bacon Roll – $3.49
- Tuna & Ham Roll – $3.49
- Taro Roll – $6.59
- Apricot Scone – $3.29
- Blueberry Scone – $3.29
- Cranberry Scone – $3.29
- Apple Malasada – $3.49
- Boston Cream Donut – $3.59
- Maple Bacon Donut – $3.49
- Croissant Donut – $2.59
- Glazed Donut Twist – $1.80
- French Donut – $2.25
- Poi Mochi Donut – $2.39
Squares & Rounds
- Blueberry Cream Square – $3.80
- Bread Pudding – $2.59
- Chocolate Cherry Square – $2.59
- Corn Bread – $2.19
- Fruit Basket with Custard – $4.95
- Lemon Coconut Square – $2.69
- Jello Cream Square – $3.29
- Pineapple Round – $4.39
- An Pan – $2.99
- Apple Turnover – $3.55
- Butter Horn – $2.95
- Chocolate Croissant – $3.25
- Chocolate E’clair – $3.79
- Ensemada – $3.29
- Sweet Potato Crescent – $2.79
Baked and Packed
- Brownies dozen – $9.50
- Chocolate Chip dozen – $5.99
- Lady Fingers dozen – $6.50
- Russian Tea Cookies dozen – $7.89
- Sesame Cookies dozen – $7.99
- Sweet Bread – $8.50
Refrigerated Cakes and Pies
- Banana Royale Cake – $29.50
- Dream Cake – $28.50
- Strawberry Shortcake – $34.50
- Chocolate Cream Pie – $19.50
- Cheesecake – $10.95
Cupcakes & Muffin (All for $3.49)
- Banana Chantilly Cupcake
- Decorated Cupcake
- Blueberry Streusel
- Chocolate Oreo Cupcake
- Rocky Road Cupcake
- Guava Filled Cupcake
- All Butter Pound Cake – $8.75
- Banana Chantilly Loaf – $8.95
- Chocolate Dobash Cake – $28.50
- Chiffon Cake – $7.95
These are only some of the food. You can see more of their menus here.