In the past 10 years, I’ve traveled to 187 countries and territories using my Philippines passport. By now, you all know that not all passports grant the same level of access to the world’s wonders; it takes a lot of time, money, and paperwork. But, If you can devise a strategic plan, you can embark on an adventure just like I did.
In this article, learn about the possibilities of traveling the world using a Philippines passport and how SafetyWing’s Project Plumia is here to make it even more accessible and seamless.
The Power of a Philippines Passport
- Strategic Planning: The key to unlocking the potential of a Philippines passport is meticulous planning. Start by researching countries that offer visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to Philippine citizens. Southeast Asian neighbors like Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia often top the list. As you build your travel itinerary, mix in countries that are more accessible to maximize your experiences.
- Visa Applications: For destinations that require visas for Filipino travelers, be proactive in applying well in advance. Consult the embassy or consulate websites for each country’s visa requirements, fees, and processing times. Planning ahead can save you time and hassle
- Travel Medical Insurance: Consider investing in comprehensive travel insurance like the one SafetyWing offers!
SafetyWing’s Project Plumia: A Game-Changer
Now, let’s talk about the game-changer for all travelers, including those with a Philippines passport: SafetyWing’s Project Plumia. SafetyWing is renowned for revolutionizing travel insurance, and Project Plumia is their latest innovation aimed at expanding the horizons for travelers from countries with limited visa-free access.
What Is Project Plumia?
Project Plumia is a bold initiative by SafetyWing that addresses the challenges faced by travelers from countries like the Philippines. It’s designed to create a pathway to borderless travel by providing a digital nomad visa and health insurance bundle that covers not just health emergencies but also visa-related expenses.
Key Benefits of Project Plumia:
- Nomad Border Pass: The Nomad Border Pass is a new global mobility tool designed to facilitate digital nomad travel. The program allows nomad users to apply for a single visa and receive pre-approved access to multiple participating countries for up to 90 days of remote work per visit.
- Nomad Insurance: Nomad Insurance provides coverage for unexpected illness or injury, including eligible expenses for hospital, doctor or prescription drugs. Its most popular features include emergency travel-related benefits, such as emergency medical evacuation, bedside visits, travel delays, and lost checked luggage.
- Community: Beyond just insurance, Project Plumia connects you with a community of like-minded travelers who share your passion for exploration and adventure.
Traveling the world with a Philippines passport is not just a dream; it’s an achievable reality. You can embark on a global adventure like never before by strategically planning your trips, staying informed about visa requirements, and leveraging innovative solutions like SafetyWing’s Project Plumia.
So, pack your bags, gather your documents, and get ready to explore the world. With the right mindset and resources at your disposal, the world is your oyster, and your Philippines passport is your ticket to a lifetime of unforgettable experiences. Happy travels, my fellow explorers!