SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 27, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The global forensic technology market size is expected to reach USD 10.64 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2022 to 2030. Novel innovations in Research & Development (R&D) of criminal sciences have introduced progressive techniques which have increased the efficiency of forensic analysis.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- By type, the capillary electrophoresis segment held the dominant share in 2021. This technique is broadly used owing to its micro sampling capabilities, ease of sample preparation, and simple detection methods.
- By services, the chemical analysis segment dominated in 2021. The wide range of applications of chemical analysis in fingerprinting, bloodstain pattern analysis, alcohol testing, serology, fire debris analysis, analysis of trace evidence, and toxicology studies among others are expected to boost the segment’s growth.
- By application, the judicial/law enforcement segment held a large share in 2021, due to the constant efforts by government authorities globally to generate DNA databases are the key growth contributing factor.
- By location, laboratory forensics technology accounted for the largest share in 2021. This can be attributed to the presence of testing instruments, that are massive in nature and designed for the analysis of a huge volume of samples.
- North America dominated the global market in 2021, due to the growing incidence of criminal cases and results in the increase in crime scene analyses in the region.
- The Asia Pacific is projected to grow considerably in the future owing to the rising awareness regarding various analytical technologies and rising investments in the region for criminal identification.
Read 150 page full market research report, “Forensic Technology Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (PCR, Capillary Electrophoresis), By Services (DNA profiling, Chemical Analysis) By Application, By Location, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030”, published by Grand View Research.
Forensic Technology Market Growth & Trends
Several government initiatives undertaken to attain sustained development in research related to criminal science are broadening the market space. For instance, in March 2022 The Forensic Technology Center of Excellence undertook an initiative and assisted the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) to conduct NIJ forensic science research and development (R&D) symposium. This R&D symposium aims to discuss, discover, and share new approaches and applications in increasing the impact of forensic sciences.
Furthermore, the surge in the number of rapes, murders, robberies, and homicides is the major factor boosting the necessity for criminological studies. For instance, in 2021, according to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), 31,677 rape cases were reported across India with an average of 86 cases daily and ranked as the fourth most common crime against women. Thus, growing incidences of crime cases led to a pile up in the number of unsolved cases and requires the implementation of novel forensic technologies to resolve the pending cases.
Technological developments in forensic laboratories and infrastructure are widening the growth prospects of the market. Recent advancements, such as automated extraction methodologies, predictive dual quantitation assay, next-generation STR multiplexes, and mini-STR kits further enhance the analysis of degraded and compromised samples thereby improving forensic capabilities. For instance, in August 2021, the Karnataka government announced the plan to upgrade forensic labs to strengthen investigations to pin down criminals. Such upgrades led to the enhancement of existing technologies, and the decreased time and expenditures involved in resolving the case, thereby creating lucrative growth prospects.
However, stringent regulatory constraints are expected to limit the growth of the forensic technology industry in emerging countries. Federal agencies are bound to adhere to Quality Assurance Standards (QAS), including testing standards for the proficiency of forensic laboratories and analysts, involved in conducting DNA analyses. In addition, the lack of skilled professionals and the high cost of advanced forensic techniques are some of the factors restraining the growth of the global market to some extent.
Forensic Technology Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global forensic technology market based on type, services, application, location, and region:
Forensic Technology Market – Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction(PCR)
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Next Generation Sequencing(NGS)
- Rapid DNA Analysis
- Automated Liquid Handling Technology
Forensic Technology Market – Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- DNA Profiling
- Chemical Analysis
- Biometric Analysis
- Firearms Identification
Forensic Technology Market – Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Biodefense & Bio surveillance
- Judicial/Law Enforcement
Forensic Technology Market – Location Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Laboratory Forensics Technology
- Portable Forensics Technology
Forensic Technology Market – Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Forensic Technology Market
- Agilent Technologies
- GE Healthcare
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- NMS Labs
- Eurofins Medigenomix GmbH
- LGC Forensics
- Forensic Pathways
- SPEX Forensics
- Forensic Fluids Laboratories
- Pyramidal Technologies Ltd
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Genotyping Market – The global genotyping market size is expected to reach USD 46.5 billion by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 15.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Factors such as the rising prevalence of genetic diseases, rising awareness and research for personalized medicine, and increasing R&D funding for genomics research is expected to contribute to this growth.
- Spectrometry Market – The global spectrometry market size is expected to reach USD 24.5 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2021 to 2028. Key players offer technologically advanced spectrometry products for several healthcare applications and have collaborated with research institutes to develop novel products.
- DNA Sequencing Market – The global DNA sequencing market size is expected to reach USD 11.2 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.4%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The incorporation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has increased the utility of genomic data in clinical practices and thus creates a new frontier in the advancement of genomic data analysis. In May 2020, Nvidia Corporation developed new AI tools, genomic sequencing software, and speech recognition technologies to aid the COVID-19 research efforts. Thus, AI accelerates the variant annotation and prioritization in the clinical diagnosis, which drives the market.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Biotechnology Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Grand View Compass | Astra ESG Solutions
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.