Having ADHD as a kid is challenging and can be a huge obstacle to being successful in school. There’s no doubt that as parents and educators, we need to continue to develop new systems to help ADHD kids be successful during their formative years.
But what about beyond our youth? Are there aspects of ADHD that can help us to succeed? Is ADHD really a hidden super-power that can be used to help us lead a Charmed Life? That’s the topic for this episode of The Small Business Show.
Join your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton today as Shannon takes a deep dive into his own experiences with ADHD and the tools he has put in place to become a successful ADHD Small Business owner.
We also impart an important framework that could have a tremendous positive impact if you have a young person struggling with ADHD today. Listen in!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #321 for Wednesday, March 31, 2021
- 00:01:24 SXSW21 – Jon Platt and Carole King. Notes on Inclusive Leadership
- Special things are supposed to be hard!
- Being the best is fine, but even better than that is the journey to being the best!
- 00:09:20 ADHD and Entrepreneurship
- Learn to embrace failure and mistakes…and persevere
- Avoiding Analysis Paralysis
- ADHD as a Super-Power
- 00:30:04 Tools of the Successfully ADHD Entrepreneur
- Reminders (and a To Did List)
- Calendar – schedule “future you” to do things
- Hire an assistant, double your income
- Surround yourself with people who fill your gaps
- 00:34:28 ADHD: Disorder or Opportunity?
- 00:37:12 SBS 321 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 38:47 — 27.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More